Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Start

It seems to me that at this time of year many people make crazy new years resolutions that they can't keep! People come up with ideas like losing a stone in weight or getting the perfect body with washboard abs! With the busy pace of life consisting of long working hours , friends and family commitments, by the end of January most peoples new year resolutions will have probably fizzled out.

I think that people will only achieve their goals if they are obtainable and if the training regime consists of fresh challenges! I am thinkng of taking up activities that are fun and socialable and don't involve completely killing myself on day one! I have decided to set a goal to take part in 5 activities over the course of 2012, I have not yet decided upon which one yet but my ideas are as follows

Running a 5K and or a 10K race
walking up some famous mountains in the Uk, snowdon, helvelyn or ben nevis
some kind of bike ride
some kind of kayaking or canoeing adventure

The main reason why I have created this blog so that I can track my progress and hopefully people can encourage me along the way. I also have an alterior motive of  developing my IT skills as they are rather mediocre at the moment! So please forgive me if the layout of the blog is crap but hopefully it will improve on the way. I hope that my friends will make suggestions and join in along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment